On the 16th of March 2019 our team visited the William Clark Gardens Othandweni Children’s Home for a children’s day of fun ,games and activities. The team planned a children’s day programme which was enjoyed by all.
Overview on the Home
- Their aim is to provide children at risk with an environment that is stimulating and was a motivating in order that they are equipped with the necessary skills to become independent and positive leaders in the future. These children are placed in care for various reasons, such as abuse, neglect and abandonment.
- They strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which children can grow and develop positively. Their interaction with the children includes offering therapeutic services to them and using a holistic approach in meeting all their needs.
- There are 6 cottages at William Clark Gardens/ Othandweni Children’s Home. Each cottage consists of 12 young people ranging from 6 years to 17 years of age. Currently there are 27 children, 14 girls and 13 boys age between 6 to 17 year old. They all attend different schools
Purpose of our Visit: Children’s Day of Fun
- The purpose of this initiative was to help build bonds, strengthen communication skills and boost morale while making a positive difference in the lives of these children who need it most
- A children’s day of fun was planned that included includes games, competitions, a dress up photo booth, pamper sessions for the young girls, Foosball Table for the boys and movies and snacks for all to enjoy.
- Each child will receive a hamper pack that included essential personal hygiene products as well as lovely treats and snacks.
- The Day ended with lunch and dessert for all.
- The Team also sponsored to the Children’s Home their monthly grocery requirements.
Most of all it was a day of fun, away from the work environment and it certainly added a joy into other’s lives of all the kids at the William Clark Gardens Othandweni Children’s Home.
For more information and ways to donate click here!